2.05.2009

April Reed, Cake Designer

I've been wanting to do a piece on cake designer April Reed for some time now and this seemed like the perfect time, considering that the subject of one of my recent posts, the Farnsworth gingerbread house, was created by Ms. Reed. One of the reasons that I love April Reed's cakes is because she, like me, is a genuine, old-fashioned cake head! After graduating from the Culinary Institute of American and working at Tom Coliccho's Craft Restaurant in NYC, she decided that she just couldn't keep cake of her mind! She chucked it all in in 2001 and began working on her dream job, her very own cake design company! Reed's creations are both beautiful and original. I am especially fond of the Carnation Cake (the detailing is wonderful) and the Studded Truffle Cake (so fun)! Click here for more great pictures and additional info.

4 comments:

veggievixen said...

wow, those are ridiculously creative! it's amazing how much cakes can look like art pieces. those should be in a show for sure.

Krista said...

Wow these cakes are amazing! At first I didn't even realize the first one was a cake! I especially like the one that looks life ruffles.

Mallory Elise said...

oh thank you :)

god i want those godiva hearts below...yessssssssssss.

dessert girl said...

I'm glad you guys like these as much as I do! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...