7.24.2010

Bittersweet

I love people who think creatively with food, who create new dishes and flavor combinations, who don't take food or themselves too seriously and therefore end up making food that stirs your emotions, whether they are making you smile or laugh . . . or gag. Rick at Bittersweet is just such a person. He has only been blogging for eight months, but he has already posted recipes for Cough Syrup Cupcakes, Candyland cake, Twinkie Milkshake, Tie Dye Tiramisu, Chocolate Mountain, Red Velvet Pancakes, and Apple Pie French Toast, just to name a few. I don't think there's ever been a cake, a pie, or a cookie on Rick's site that I didn't like. Okay, I'll admit that sometimes his ingredients scare me, but I admire his originality and the sense of fun he brings to each and every recipe! Always unique and unexpected, Bittersweet is definitely one of my favorite places to visit.


3 comments:

Sarah Coggrave said...

Wow this guy is one cool dude! What amazing ideas :-)

x

Carolyn Jung said...

Cough syrup cupcakes!! Too funny. The next time I come down with a cold, I'm taking two of those -- pronto. ;)

shaz said...

Ha ha, the first time I visited Rick's blog, I found Nyquil brownies. MAde me grin. I agree, it's a great blog to visit :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...